Saturday, February 18, 2012

Save Me

I have a Gateway Worship book that I like to play through and sing.  For years, I skipped over a beautiful song entitled, "Save Me."  I suppose the good girl in me simply saw it as a check mark on a list.  "Save Me".  Got it.  I'm Saved.  I don't need to sing that one.

I know God has saved me from my sins.  The blood of Jesus continually and completely provides forgiveness.  And I believe this.

But God has offered to rescue me from ME.  The resurrected body of Christ signifies life available to me so that I might live abundantly.  It would not appear that I fully believe this. 

I continue to strive and serve and produce and perform.
This ME living.  Not Christ living in me.
I am my own enemy in the battle for surrender. 
(Yes, surrender seems to be a battle for me, at times.)

Now I sing this song several times a week.









"I love you, O LORD, my strength. 

 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge...

I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved." ~ Psalm 18