Monday, February 20, 2012

Joy Dare 2.20.12







Giving thanks to God in community for His gifts ...

roses rich with sentiment
solo cups with sharpie personalization and disposable ease
cough syrup to settle and soothe

the beautiful Body of Christ
when my eyes are fixed on Him
His marvelous swap shop of failure for freedom



my friends who helped me record a cd for Philip's valentine
finding out the girls would be on the same softball team - deleting half the games from my schedule
spur-of-the-moment out-of-town guests.  happiness

the way we giggle when Elizabeth calls our friend Caleb "KLove" (positive encouraging:)
my birthday buddy and I laughing at ourselves over lunch
the way my baby brother laughs even when I'm not being funny

a good deep room-cleaning
strapping young men with cheerful attitudes
industrious girls learning to love a home

difficult conversations with teenagers
strenuous silence to allow God to defend my character
bearing burdens...and choosing the easy yoke

the pile of damp towels...and all the opportunity they provide for practicing patience and gentleness
the 3rd grader's hand-written sign stating "Please Knock Before Entering"
a broom and a dustpan....forgiving many messes

friends who share the truth of God
looking back, noticing the path leading to this renewal...surprisingly clear and direct
He goes before me, and follows after, and somehow still journeys alongside

my missing wedding ring that remains in His watchcare
the perfect tote bag I found at just the right price
layers of chocolate chip cookie dough, oreos, and brownie batter baked into edible geology

lonely reminders driven away by praise
a Creator who never turns
silhouettes of daughters holding hands and walking across the lawn

meals for the homeless
Celebrate Recovery
MP3 ...all those little worshippers with whom I share my Sunday evenings

words of encouragement written upon each person's place mat
a note from my Dad...savoring the handwriting after all these years
the post-it note of errands

Landen not having his licence yet
Philip's sweet expression of love for all his girls on Valentine's Day
an evening shared at home

"junked up" eggs with spinach and peppers, potatoes and onions, bacon and cheese
cream cheese and strawberry sandwiches
homemade chicken noodle soup