Monday, September 02, 2013

Multitude 9.2.13


Giving thanks to God in community for His gifts ...


3 Gifts White ...
Blank paper
New baseballs
Creamy yogurt

A Gift at 10 am, 1 pm, and 10 pm ...
Life Group
Lunch
Laptop

A Gift Outside, Inside, Upside Down ...
Cool rain
Even cooler shelter from the rain
Elizabeth's octopus made by tracing her hand

3 Gifts in His Word ...
"Consider it joy when you face trials."
"What can man do to me?"
"Praise the Lord and forget not all His benefits."

A Gift hole, whole, and half ...
Fun rolls of patterned duct tape
Purple cabbage ready to be sliced and tossed
The remainder of this hour spent quietly alone

3 Gifts Metal ...
Copper-bottomed pot of bubbling spaghetti sauce
The staple in the carpet that pricked my foot - glad it was me and not the crawler
Rings and earrings given in love

3 Gifts Green ...
Basketball shorts
Caesar salad
All my hair tools and products - because it's just happy that way

3 Gifts Ugly-Beautiful ...
Rough feet from a busy week
Stinky splotches on my shirt from a burpy baby
Sloppy pile of swim towels from earlier today

3 Gifts in Family ...
Sharing early mornings with Ardyn
Having Philip here so much more than we would normally
Brothers & sisters lounging to watch TV

A Gift Red, Read, and Written ...
Marshall ISD

"Our thanks to God is our witness to the goodness of God when Satan and all the world would sneer at us to recant." - Ann VosKamp

"I cry because God is so kind. So KIND. He didn't leave me in the chaos I called control. He invited me to step out from behind my ridiculously eloquent speeches, and to clumsily become an active part of His redeeming plan. Then He gave me the courage and grace to say 'yes'." - CDJ:)

3 Gifts Serving ...
Supper for friends and family
Diaper changes and bottle feedings
Receiving what God has provided and wanting to honor Him in return

3 Gifts in Light ...
Fresh morning mercies - bright with possibility
Midday beams that intrude and expose the details of life - and the desperate need for dusting
Evening glows with grace in forgiving warmth

3 Gifts New ...
Dining room layout - there's room in this place for you
Alarm clock settings for the school year
Little Man - all day, every day

3 Miracles ...
Asa came a week ago, happy and affectionate, and has transitioned beautifully - even while teething.

Philip is home this month from work because of last month's hip surgery.
(I believe "Rehabbing" is Hebrew for "helping the homemaker.")

I'm striving less, but accomplishing more. It must be Christ in me.