Friday, February 17, 2012

Witness Protection

Maybe I've watched one too many crime dramas.  But this week, as I grappled with God's plan to make all things new, He showed me a cool picture of my new life in Him. 

Witness Protection.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

A new identity.
A fresh start.
The only option for real safety.

No evidence of my history...my former life.
He creates in me and for me - a new story.

(I become the righteousness of Christ. ` Philippians 3:9)

But leaving the old life can seem inconvenient or even scary.
There may be aspects of that old life that you think you'll miss -
relationships that beg to stow away, lifestyles that tug to carry over.

Reality says your life is in danger.
The only way to save your life and truly live is accept this new life.
And for that, you must -in essence- die.

But contrary to the purpose of witness protection, and keeping your testimony a secret, the beauty of being God's protected witness, is that you are free to share your story...your whole story...including the old that is now gone, and the new that is grace.

"For you have died, and your life is hidden in Christ with God." Colossians 3:3
We have been placed into safety and liberated to live & share life freely.