Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pink Ribbons

Before October is over..... may I recommend this novel for you to enjoy in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

ReCONSTRUCTING Natalie

Laura Jensen Walker
Women of Faith 2006 Novel of the Year

A friend of mine offered me this book when she heard I hadn't read much fiction.  Her comment was, "Sometimes you just want to read before bed, instead of watching TV...this is an uplifting, entertaining, easy read that I really enjoyed."

Well.  She was right.  The chapters are subdivided so even the tiniest of reading opportunities can be concluded with a feeling of closure.  I will say, the plot was a little predictable, but I enjoyed getting to know the characters.   I was also intrigued by the author's tell-it-like-it-is approach to the sensitive subject of breast cancer.