Thursday, July 14, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Thursday, July 14, 2011...

Outside my window...The cool calm dark that follows a steamy turbulent storm.

I am remembering...White Water in the summer. Mom would take us every week. The wave pool. Ahhhh, can I get a witness? Doritos just taste better when you get them out of an individual bag with chlorine-shriveled fingers.


I am thankful for...my fabulous friends who agreed to help with caMP3 this week. They are gifted and kind; fun and hard-working. Good stuff.

I am creating...a blog post for the first time in 10 days.

I am going...to the final day of caMP3 tomorrow, then the performance tomorrow night. And after I clean up all the mess on Saturday, I'm going No.Where. :)

I am reading... "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. I'm sure what he has to say is right on the mark, but I am not a fan of his literary style. Love his YouTube stuff. Thought I'd love the book. I'll give it another try or two.

I am hoping...Philip comes home safely from working power outages.

On my mind..."Donkey Tales". That's about it. I've reached saturation, so I needed to come to bloggerville to get a break, and see what I'm continuing to mention??

From the learning rooms...ready to start the girls in the next few weeks.

Noticing that...I am NEVER tired at bedtime when Philip is away.

Pondering these words... "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God."

From the kitchen... Philip grilled on Monday when his parents came to supper. We've been eating off the leftovers for TOO long, but it has been nice not to cook during this busy week.

Around the house...The brethren are at Wild Week. Philip is working. Oscar is snoozing. The little girls are asleep and the older girls are finishing up an episode of "Little House on the Prairie". All is quiet except the jeans that clank and tumble to the rhythmic roll of the dryer.

One of my favorite things...when people work together as a team and allow God to produce something wonderful through them.

From my picture album... Mari Alice. My little "big girl".


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.