Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful for my Tribe: Part 5


Landen Paul in 1998. Ninny-Pah since his sisters met him.

Our firstborn. The poor soul who was destined to receive the brunt of my inexperience and insecurities as a parent. And yet, he emerges surprisingly healthy in so many ways.

He is kind and hard-working; friendly and helpful. He is strong and handsome...much like his dad. He loves to sing and dance...half-way like me.

For the last year or so, I have newfound freedom during the work week since LP can hold down the fort while I run to town alone for a quick errand. He watches over his sisters with the utmost care.

So grateful to be able to trust him whole-heartedly.
So blessed that he offers to help with cheerful enthusiasm.

He does look forward to passing the babysitting baton down to Luke next year as he "mobilizes" his helpfulness to run errands from the driver's seat. Nelly!

He is quite secure in who he is and doesn't worry with public opinion too much. He is learning the art and importance of being authentic. I know in my heart that he will do amazing things for God's Kingdom. I'm glad to be a part of his sweet life.

Thank You, God, for Landen Paul!