Thursday, July 08, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Thursday, July 8, 2010...

Outside my window...a soggy lawn hides crickets and frogs in the dark steamy night.

I am remembering...having a season pass to White Water back in the day. Fun, or what?

I am thankful for...my sweet, sweet husband.

I am creating...pillow case dresses. (possible addiction alert)

I am going...to Mari Alice's second day of "swim camp" tomorrow. It's really just swim lessons, but all her silblings seem to have big, important camps, so she needed it to be "swim camp". She can technically already swim, but, like all other Johnsons who've been limited to their mother's instruction: "It works, but it ain't purdy." My name was chosen to win these lessons as a door prize at MOPS, so Mari Alice is the first Johnson to receive formal instruction. She loves it!

I am reading..."Boomtown Book 1" to the kids. "So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore waits patiently atop the pile of prospective reads on my nightstand.

I am hoping...Landen makes it home safely from camp. I can't wait to hear all his stories.

On my mind... Really? We haven't the time:)

From the learning rooms...shshshsh. (We're pretending it's summer:)

Noticing that...my room has remained neat & tidy for more than a few weeks. Yay for me.

Pondering these words..."Some folks are humbly grateful, while others are just grumbly hateful." John Yates

From the kitchen...a boatload of produce from Sam's, plus many more ingredients for a full week's worth of yummy meals, and an unbelievably sloppy floor that needs a good sweeping and mopping a.s.a.p.

Around the house...sun kissed children sleep peacefully while my oh-so-hunky-of-a-man lies awake reading. (I must be dreaming:)

One of my favorite things...ice water. I've said it before, but there is truly NOTHING better.

From my picture journal...The other night, Ardyn was sweet enough to take a new profile picture for me. In the process of minimizing a couple of my chins, she offered suggestions like, "make a kissy face" & "put your hand under there". I had no idea she was continuing to work within her trigger happiness as we laughed and bantered and ...cleaned my glasses:)



Silly girls.

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.