Sunday, April 04, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Sunday, April 14, 2010...

Outside my window...Night falls on a humid, quiet Resurrection Day.

I am remembering...three years ago I spent Easter recuperating from emergency surgery. Crazy.

I am thankful for...for hymn writers, then & now.

I am creating...a mess as I try to renovate & redecorate our master bedroom & bathroom.

I am going...to Landen's game Tuesday. It's an early game, so the girls and I can hang. So excited!

I am reading...Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis to the fellas, The Little Princess to the ladies and April magazines por moi.

I am hoping...to take several walks this week: brisk exercise, Vitamin D & some good, good prayer time.

On my mind...I have several "big girl" activities coming up...you know: the kind of thing I hope to do regularly when I grow up. There are songs to memorize, thoughts to organize, and wardrobe to consider.

From the learning rooms..."Closed for planning season"

Noticing that...my rings need to be cleaned.

Pondering these words..."Worthy is the Lamb who was slain."

From the kitchen...plenty of leftovers for tomorrow. YAY!

Around the house...all sleep soundly save the handsome one...who prefers to giggle like a jr. high girl at the antics of Jim Carey.

One of my favorite things...Elizabeth's new "fist bump" greeting.

From my picture journal...My brother designed this for me to commemorate a significant juncture on my journey toward self-discipline. If you know the story, stop laughing and do NOT leave a comment. If you haven't heard the sordid tale...we may try to keep it that way. (Love you, Tim)

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.