Saturday, April 14, 2007

22 Days of "Why You Haven't Heard From Me"

Sat 3/24: Choir Rehearsal, Birthday party, "stomach virus"
Sun 3/25: Ok, maybe not just your average stomach virus...
Mon 3/26: Seriously, I'm in pain....I'm calling the doctor. She can see me at 11. I drive. She observes. She calls a surgeon and sends me to the hospital. By 3pm I'm on a morphine drip and no longer have possession of my ruptured appendix, or my gall bladder. Nifty.
Tue 3/27: Ice chips, IV antibiotics, and morphine does the body good. (The morphine was also helpful in the unanticipated weening process) Philip brought the kids by to see me after "Sacrifice" Rehearsal. They were all so sweet. As soon as Mari saw me, she dove out of Philip's arms toward my bed. She buried her face in the crook of my neck and grabbed a handful of my hair in each of her fists and then just nuzzled. It was so sad for me to think that I nursed her Monday morning and never came back. No memo. No nothing. She was fine.
Wed 3/28: Day 5 of no food. A little mix up with the nursing staff was finally resolved around 6pm, and I got a bowl of broth. Nifty-Neat!
Thur 3/29: Broth and jello offered for breakfast...."No Deal". James sneaks up to the hospital with instant oatmeal and I have never been more thankful for a meal....ever. (La Famile has dress rehearsal for the "Sacrifice")
Fri 3/29: Finish up last IV. Home sweet home after noon. Doctor's orders: "Take it easy and don't lift anything heavier than 10 pounds for another 10 days."
Sat 3/30: In-laws come to see "Sacrifice". Pain pills prevent me from remembering anything else.
Sun 4/1: Mom, Grandma, Papa, and Josh come to town and attend the "Sacrifice". I go with them. Not a great idea, but we'll cover that on Tuesday.
Mon 4/2: Everyone attends the "Ward Walker Lecture" during chapel at ETBU. Philip works since he took the previous week off. (No Disney World this year, rats!) No pain pills because I'm driving. My children behave magnificently! As people were discussing the achievements and accomplishments of the Walker brethren, I thought to myself, "I may not have a terminal degree, but my 5 children just sat through 50 minutes of Chapel, and a formal luncheon with no incidents....and they look cute too!" Home to take a pain pill and visit with the "folks".
Tues 4/3: Oh, my.......I can't walk. Perhaps being "up and about" Sunday and Monday was a bit premature for my overall healing process. TV for the kids, pain pills for me.
Wed 4/4: Feeling MUCH better. No meds today. Do some light household stuff to make up for Mon/Tues.
Thur 4/5: Post-op doctor's visit. Lookin' good. Oldest three children complete day #170 of school and We're done!
Fri 4/6: MOPS playdate plus friends with children come for lunch and the afternoon. Big Fun.
Sat 4/7: Garage Sales with Ardyn. I FINALLY paint the girls' room pink. Beauty!
Sun 4/8: Happy Easter, everybody! I keep my commitment that I made months ago to teach the 2-year-old nursery. The boys treat us to Gucci's with their "pine cone" earnings. Good, easy, family time the rest of the day.
Mon 4/9: I can officially lift 10 lb again. (Does he honestly think I have not been carrying Mari around for days? sh-sh-sh!) Get tire fixed, work out, dentist appt, library, bank and dry cleaners....spaghetti, and bedtime.
Tue 4/10: MOPS, laundry.
Wed 4/11: Load up 3 girls and their belongings and head for Weatherford.....arrive just before rush hour. (Johnson men head for Tyler to camp and fish and just be manly-men) James holds down the Southfield fort in order to stay current with all his educational and occupational commitments.
Thurs 4/12: While in the metroplex, some visit the zoo and park and science museum and merri-go-round and sonic. Others stay home and chill.
Fri 4/13: Shop at Kohl's for the first time ever. I'd be broke if I lived in a city. Tornado warnings to jazz up movie-night.
Sat 4/14: Pack up same three girls with same belongings, and head back home. Unload, unpack, get the mail ('cause that was not on James' to-do list), and chop veggies for a bridal shower. James watched the girls for "not-really-datenite" so I could go to the shower. Philip and the boys should return tomorrow....with some incredible laundry requirements.

Now we're up to date (if you made it this far). I intend to make my posts more often and less lengthy. We'll see.