Friday, March 23, 2007

Wake Up Calls

Wednesday night I commented to a friend that she must not have been praying for me, because there had been NEITHER love NOR logic in our home that day. We all giggled, but I was kinda more serious than joking. Yesterday morning she called while I was still in bed...."Hello?" My voice scratched. Her sunshiny words announced, "You're prayed up!" She said her scripture reading for Thursday started out with "So be in prayer for everyone...." I'm glad I made her "everyone" list! After her call, I felt encouraged and ready to face my day.

We had a great day....I even did it without caffeine. Who needs strong coffee or Diet Dr. Pepper, when you have good friends and the Holy Spirit?

Bedroom update: Ardyn has noticed the duration of disorder associated with getting the boys' room finished. She has decided that her furniture is lovely just the way it is. Ultimately, I don't think she trusts me to yank everything out of her room and be able to return it repainted in a timely fashion. Her words were, "Can I just have pink walls, please? And everything else is J-u-u-st fine, Mom. I promise." I suppose the things I've been referring to as "mismatched furniture" will now be embraced as "the eclectic look". She's right: I may have opened one too many cans of worms. One more gallon of pale pink paint, and we're done!