Monday, July 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, July 13, 2009...

Outside my window... Who knows. Who cares. Triple digit temps squelch my already minimal interest for the outdoors.

I am thinking...my blog has turned into a weekly simple woman's day book. A pitiful blogger am I. But I press on. I'm tired and I won't remember any of my days unless I document them here, so I welcome the weekly checkpoint.

I am thankful for...Philip (AGAIN) He took the five verbal children to a swim party this evening. We had planned to attend as a family, but after yesterday's full-to-the-brim level of activity, I simply needed to stay home alone. He knew that and he "made it so".

From the learning rooms...Everyone had some unexpected opportunities arise, so in order to stay on track, people are working feverishly to complete more work than usual. We will all enjoy a bit of a break over the next couple weeks.

We cleaned out "arts & crafts" over the weekend. (Mari's mispronunciation had become the reality...she calls it "arts & crap".) I found some manipulatives that I had forgotten about. I promised Ashlin we would "play" with them today. We did. We sorted, ordered, and made words with phonics tiles for almost an hour. She kept saying, "This is so much fun!" I'm glad she liked it. I'm sad I haven't been doing that with her more often. We have several more "re-discoveries" to play with throughout the week.

From the kitchen...swept floor, empty dishwasher, and a bright & shiny sink storing an empty salad bowl, an empty ice cream bowl, a fork and a spoon. (My bi-polar dinner mess)

I am wearing...black gym shorts, baggy tee shirt, and yesterday's hair. Not a pretty scene.

I am creating...I just can't stir up anything. Very sad.

I am going...to my 6-week check up Thursday. I had hoped to be at my "before" weight, but I just don't see it happening. Last week was a complete set back. My metabolism has shifted from high alert nursing status to bummed out, severely fatigued, munch around the clock status. Better effort this week, I trust.

I am reading...a devotion book that has an inspiring balance of Scripture, poetry and quotes from classical literature. It is my first choice as a nursing companion...except some of the poetry escapes my temporarily dulled mind. If I don't get it after two readings, it's on to the next quote.

I am hoping...Elizabeth sleeps through the night soon. Hope with me, would you???

I am hearing...the low, comforting lull of solitary silence. No questions, no debate, no multi-media, no chatter, no spin cycles or dryer clunks...just thick, absorbent quietness.

Around the house...the couch is at capacity with two loads of towels and Philip's work clothes. I plan to fold them during "House" and deliver them on commercials. My room is a wreck. Perhaps I'll need to finish the laundry during the first few scenes, and then watch the rest back here where I can sort a couple piles and straighten up some files...rhyming all the while.

One of my favorite things...is pretzels and Blue Bell. I wish I had the energy to run off the extra calories, but it ain't gonna stop me from lovin' it.

A few plans for the rest of the week...taking the kids swimming tomorrow, family coming Wed, DR appt Thursday, more family coming Friday. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Philip baptized Ashlin yesterday. It was very sweet. "I baptize you, my daughter, and my sister..."



To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.