Monday, July 06, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, July 6, 2009...

Outside my window... The sun hides behind clouds of cool rain while brittle blades of grass turn a supple shade of green in the soaking shower. (And there are golf clubs, softballs, empty water bottles, a frisbee, and a pair of crocs littering the yard from yesterday, but who cares...I sorta do.)

I am thinking...it's hard to believe Elizabeth is four weeks old today. We're gonna make it, I believe. She is more alert each day. Her eyes are wide with recognition and the vast possibilities of communication. In time...in time.

I am thankful for...Philip. He is leading our family with contagious enthusiasm. I depend on him for so much, and he is fabulously faithful!

From the learning rooms...the older three are on auto-pilot. Ashlin is steadily improving her reading & writing skills. As I was recording grades last week, I jokingly asked Mari if she had finished her school yet. She promptly replied, "I don't do school, I only scribble-scrabble."

From the kitchen...lunch plates and drinks are on the table - kids are "free to eat when their rooms are tidy". Leftovers tonight, then Garlic Shrimp and Grits tops tomorrow's menu.

I am wearing...navy stretch pants and vbs shirt from a couple years ago. I hit the unavoidable wall this week with weight loss. I'll have to lace up the nike's and hit the streets. Should be fun!

I am creating...nada durn thang.

I am going...to pray more this week. I've been weary and worn, and incredibly wasteful with the mercies that God avails each morning. Pray, pray, pray. Joy, joy, joy.

I am reading...this month's HomeLife and last month's Southern Living.

I am hoping...everything works out for Philip to baptize Ashlin this Sunday. What a blessing.

I am hearing...the gentle squeak of a bulging wicker basket as Mari loads it with dirty clothes, Landen's math teacher explaining ratios, and the girls discussing where they should store their fine artwork.

Around the house...the quiet execution of delegated tasks...sh-sh-sh! It will surely last but for a moment...

One of my favorite things...the foot cream I received as a gift in the hospital. It is so thick and wonderful and smells DEElightful.

A few plans for the rest of the week...print out new chore charts, keep planning next seasons' MP3, nurture children, and love a husband.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...My nephew, Johnathan, on his way back from the zoo this weekend. I mean really... on a scale of one to ten, HOW CUTE IS HE??


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.