Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Tuesday, May 5, 2009...

Outside my window... muggy and gross. The ground is sloppy, the air is thick, the clouds are gray.

I am thinking...that swollen ankles might be THE most unattractive characteristic of my outward appearance. And let me say that my hair does not look good, my face is splotchy, my legs are flabby...but them cankles do beat all!

I am thankful for...clean bathrooms and a tidy home...and the friends who say they'll come for lunch and therefore provide the necessary incentive to motivate me to bring such wonderment to fruition.

From the learning rooms...Ardyn was so excited to receive her first batch of dvd's, she has already completed 2 days of school and says her teacher is "very beautiful". (not a huge difference from her teacher last year - not counting the ankles)

From the kitchen...sloppy joes, homemade peanut butter-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, and a clean sink.

I am wearing...black capris, green fish camp shirt, ponytail and glasses.

I am creating...not so much. I think I'm all created out. the bedrooms are finished except for wall decor. Everyone has curtains, so that's it for now.

I am going...to a home school book fair this weekend. I am so excited about the encouragement available through good friends, gifted speakers, and an entire convention center filled with BOOKS!

I am reading...a book on communication and The Bible.

I am hoping...to be kind, tender, and compassionate with those nearest and dearest to me.

I am hearing...Mari play with the new song cube that Kathy bought for the baby. It plays one of six songs spontaneously based on how it lands. "Five little monkeys, jumping on the bed...all around the mulberry bush...if you're happy and you know it...if you're happy and you know it...old McDonald had a ...Five little monk...the eensy weensy spider...five little...five lit...five little monkeys jump...all around...the wheels on the bus"

ACTUALLY I'm hearing myself lose my mind. Thank you, Kathy. May you be blessed with the same consideration and sensitivity with which you've treated me.

Around the house...everyone is at baseball practice, so it's just Mari Alice and me...and Oscar dog...and the song cube:(

One of my favorite things...Clorox toilet wands. They clean really well, and are easily discarded. I also enjoy TUMS. I could not have survived the past 7 months without them.

A few plans for the rest of the week...choir rehearsal, baseball games, then I'm gettin' outa Dodge! And when I come back, it's Mother's Day! Will anyone in this home realize/remember that? who cares. I'll still have my "weekend away" glow.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...the photo wouldn't upload. I'll try again later.

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.