Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, April 27, 2009...

Outside my window... sunshine, strong breezes, bikes in the driveway (huge pet peeve), and a freshly mowed lawn (huge blessing).

I am thinking...that I love my life. Sometimes I gripe and complain because it's "really wearisome" (make sure you read that with a whiney tone). But this is what I dreamed about. This is what I prayed for and hoped for. THIS is the life that God chose for me. If I could get my cute little head around that thought, I'd live with more power and more patience and more peace.

I am thankful for...Jesus. Not just the "Thank Ya Jesus!" that we holler in the huddle after church softball games. Not the "Thank You, Jesus!" that we breathlessly utter when we've been spared some discomfort. I am thankful for Jesus...the best idea God ever had. The only way - the only way in the world - for me to live - truly live. Without Him, I could do nothing.

From the learning rooms..."You have reached the learning rooms. Our regularly scheduled hours do not begin until May 13. Please feel free to leave a message and we will contact you at our earliest convenience [pretty much on, but not before May 13th] If you have an emergency, please hang up and dial 9-1-1."

From the kitchen...Blueberry Chutney Chicken with Jasmine rice and sweet peas. Don't forget the oatmeal brownies for James and his friend who's coming to visit this evening.

I am wearing...jeans, black v-neck, black flips, and glasses.

I am creating...coordinating "stripes & dots" curtains for Ardyn & Mari's room. I plan to use the extra fabric to fashion a table cloth for their huge gray tub that holds all their dress-up. It will fit nicely over it and offer a quaint spot for tea. AND it will look much nicer than having an industrial sized gray plastic Rubbermaid tub in the corner of their room.

I am going...take Luke to practice and come straight home. There's work to be done, people! Last week's bug-fest ate a chunk out of our redecorating scope and sequence.

I am reading...The Bible. I am hungry, and I refuse to keep eating the junky treats of opinion and prose without chewin' on the meat of Truth first.

I am hoping...in Christ alone. Every thing else is wishful thinking and empty promises.

I am hearing...Ardyn read to Mari to prep her for naptime, Landen vacuuming to earn a little extra money, Luke blowing his nose (he got my allergy gene, poor guy) and Ashli quietly turning pages in her book behind me.

Around the house...easy, breezy, naptime. I will not be participating today. I have much to cook, and much to sew...and therefore, much to enjoy. Ardyn and Ash are heading outside to ride bikes (and hopefully return them to their rightful spot) and I'm really not sure what the fellas are planning...I'm trying to stay off their case while they enjoy their break from school.

One of my favorite things...singing harmony. I'm not picky. I can do my best as a second soprano in the church choir, work up some tight chording with some friends, hum along with one of the kids, or absolutely rock out with Mandisa as I drive. I just love how separate parts come together to make one rich sound. It's straight from God, I'm sure.

A few plans for the rest of the week...company tonight, painting after an appraisal appointment tomorrow, AWANA awards Wednesday night, a mom's day out on Thursday, and too much baseball to talk about this weekend.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...this is Luke on first base after the out. "Hey, red-jersey-guy, I hate that ferya!"

To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.