Monday, January 05, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday, January 5, 2009...

Outside my window...quiet, cold and drizzly.

I am thinking...that time flies if you're not paying attention. I guess it does anyway, but I seem to be able to keep track of things if I pay attention. Duh. Today will apparently NOT be one bent toward profundity.

I am thankful for...all my little chickadees. They are blessings!

From the learning rooms...not one tiny peep. I offered to read after lunch and everyone looked at me like, "Perhaps, we've been unclear...this is Luke's birthday. So despite your troubling notion that getting ahead would make tomorrow better, school resumes Ma-nya-na!" I took the unanimous hint and came to blog and nap.

From the kitchen...Landen and the girls are cleaning up the rest of lunch. I gave them a big head start...they just need to finish the dishwasher. Luke asked for lemon poppy seed cake and brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough. I'm not sure who told him he could make two requests, but it's done.

I am wearing...navy fleece 'loungers' and a warm, woolly sweatshirt.

I am creating...several schedules and lots of lists. Not really creative, but fun any how!

I am going...to take Luke to his friend's house later so they can watch the football game. Other than that, I'm stickin' put until Wednesday's choir practice.

I am reading..."A Woman God Can Use" by Alice Mathews. My mom gave it to me for Christmas and I'm halfway finished. I'm also still on schedule with my "read the Bible through" plan. 5 WHOLE days of consistency...woo hoo.

I am hoping...this baby will continue to grow and have a healthy birth. I heard the heart beat this morning...amid lots of shuffling and whooshes on the ultrasound. [He?] is quite a mover and a shaker--oh gosh, Ardyn's sibling??? I think I can almost feel him. We'll have a sonogram in 4 weeks to see [him?] move and shake for ourselves. I'm also [apparently] hoping for a boy baby:)

I am hearing...keyboard clicks and motor hums. That's it. Everyone thinks I'm napping. Sh-sh-sh! Don't blow my cover.

Around the house...Luke is lounging for his birthday. The others are catering to his every need. Mari & Oscar-dog are napping.

One of my favorite things...is when Mari calls out in the mornings and comes to get in my bed. She always snuggles up really close and if I'm really lucky, she scratches my back for a few seconds before speaking her morning greeting: "I hungry, Momma. Let's get down and go see 'bout some cer-ul."

A few plans for the rest of the week...Lessons, MP3 prep, tidy/clean, & reading.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Happy 11th Birthday, Brendan Luke!


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.