Sunday, January 04, 2009

Fellowship to Follow

Just before we were to pack up all the Christmas decorations and store them away, I walked down the hall toward the girls' room. The lights were low, but sounds of the season scaled surprising heights of praise.

From the doorway, I could see all three girls facing the small, overly adorned, prelit tree on the dresser. They had assembled all their pretty ponies from Christmas around the manger scene. My daughters joined the imaginary equestrian chorale in a passionate arrangement of "O Come Let Us Adore Him".

I smiled and quietly worshipped from afar. As the song ended, Ardyn raised her voice (and one fist)and proclaimed triumphantly, "HE IS THE MIGHTY KING OF KINGS AND HE WILL REIGN FOREVER ON HIS THRONE!!!" Then in a jolt of stylistic transition, she added, "Now, let's get ready to shake it and bake it!"

I have no idea...