Friday, September 19, 2008

Blessings

Philip was able to get off work today in time to take me on a date. Hoo-Rah! He and James both had crazy schedules this week, so he knew I had been "cooped up" for more than a week. We got out of Dodge. We ate dinner at a sports grill that neither of us had been to before. It was ok. Loud, but we enjoyed discussing the golf tournament, MLB game, and college football being broadcast from every corner of the room.

After dinner, we went to the pet shop to get Oscar a new tag. (If he's ever lost, his current tag would have him sent back toward Austin.) Then it was on to more shopping. A list of random things, really, that I've been jotting down over the past couple days. Things I wanted the freedom to look for and purchase without kids.

We drove back into town and went to the Labor & Delivery floor the hospital. His cousin and wife are in the midst of their first....well, ...labor & delivery! We got to visit with them a little. It brought back so many memories of Landen's birth. Our first baby...so many unknowns...so much to be excited about...so much to be scared about...so much to be tired about :)

A tiny bit off the subject: I remember the rush of anxiety and motherhood insecurities that overwhelmed me as we strapped 3-day old Landen into his car seat in the circle drive of the hospital. I sat in the backseat beside him and just burst into tears and sobbed: "He doesn't even know if we're safe drivers, and he just has to go home with us anyway!"

Ok, back to date night. We kissed the new parents-to-be good night and told them we'd come see their little blessing tomorrow. As we left, the nurse on duty told us goodbye. She recognized us from ALL five of our own deliveries. "Frequent Flyers" of sorts, we are!

All of our little darlings were still awake when we returned home, so we got to cuddle with big, deep breaths of their clean, damp hair and freshly brushed teeth. After some much needed family lovin', the kids headed to bed, the menfolk put in a dvd, and I came here, to Bloggerland, to chronicle our lives. happiness.

JW took all three girls on a date this morning. Not at 6am...it was 9ish when they left. The boys and I rocketed through a huge chunk of lessons in their absence. James said when they entered the donut shop, Mari, who was thrilled to be on her first "girlie time JW date", marched in to the rhythm of her own chant: "Do-nut Shop! Do-Nut Shop!"

Tomorrow there are games in and out of town. The girls and I will be in and around, out and about...so to speak. Tomorrow night is Daddy night. I'm going with Shmeg to lead worship for a Women's dealie. Soundcheck at 4. It's like an INNERVIEW roadtrip all over again. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm grateful to be given the opportunity.

Dear Father, thank You for giving Philip and I some alone time tonight. I love him so much and I thank You for bringing us together. Thank You for my beautiful children and each of their healthy deliveries. Be with the Johnsons tonight. All the many, many, many more Johnsons :) Protect Landen and Luke tomorrow. May they bring Glory to You in all they do. I thank You for our time set aside tomorrow night. I'm so excited about meeting with You and some of Your daughters I've yet to meet. I hope You enjoy Yourself. I'm already enjoying You - just thinking about it. Thank You for JW. Guide him as he seeks out the plans You have for him. You keep blessing me through him. Thank YOU.