Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Night Live

Tonight Shmeg and I drove over to Louisiana to lead worship. It went really well. The ladies were wonderfully kind and participatory, the speaker was inspired, and the worship was joyful.

I am really zonked. Philip actually got called to work in the middle of the night, so he's been running on fumes all day. Landen traveled with his team and had a fun time. Not only did Luke's team go into multiple extra innings, the battery died on the truck, so Philip was not able to make it home in time for me to leave.

(Cue: Indiana Jones Music) Jessica surely saved the day! She had come for a luncheon visit and committed to stay until Philip made it home. The two of them have had a rocky go of things over the years, what, with all the chili cook-offs and cake contests where Philip reigned victoriously. But today, may the record books show that, despite his questionable worthiness, he was indeed bailed out by "the Queen of all things helpful". Thank You, God for Jess. You made many, many things possible this evening through her selfless act of kindness.

I'll be worshipping with our 2-year-olds tomorrow. OH, I just realized Mari Alice is in that class now. What a treat! Then mp3 tomorrow evening. I'd better get some rest.

Thank You, Lord, for the faith You are growing in me. Thank You for family and friends who love me with Your love. Your love casts out fear. Thank You for helping me find Your way. All to Jesus, I surrender...
"Send a Holy fire on this offering, let our praises burn so the world will see,
It's not for us, it's all for YOU!"