Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wonders Never Cease

Wow! I feel like I celebrated my birthday for three weeks here in bloggerville. I believe the festivities have drawn to a close. sniff, sigh. Ok, just one more: My cousin sent me a card that said, "Girl, we're not over 30, we're just 29.95 plus shipping and handling!" Love it.

We had some family friends over for dinner Friday evening. It was wonderfully fun. Mari ate at the little tikes picnic table with four for her 2 & 3 year old friends. She opened a few gifts and just enjoyed the fellowship.

Saturday Philip and Luke took Ardyn and Ashli to Tyler to play a double-header. Grandpa & Grandma met them at the park and they finished up their day at Cici's.

That left LP and Mari with me. "Luke&Anna" went with us to spectate Landen's game. The weather was strange. Sunny & humid interrupted by gusts of dusty wind and random showers. I would get hot, begin to sweat, then a breeze would blow sand from home plate. Rain would douse us then rapidly dry in the high-ninety heat. At one point, I scratched the back of one of my calves with the top of my other foot. Exfoliation, anyone? I felt like I was at the beach, but the only salt water in sight was dripping down my forehead and soaking through my ponytail. Yuck-ee.

We taught our last Sunday School lesson in the college class today. It is sad that we'll miss out on sharing this year with them, but we look forward to being "fed" on Sunday mornings and then giving our all in leadership in MP3 and AWANA.

I have needed a nap since Wednesday. I finally grabbed me one today! I'll probably be up until 2:30, but it was a good, little-league-world-series-in-the-background slobber-slumber on the couch. Mmm-mmm-mmm.

Thank You, God, for restoration and relaxation. You are wonderful!