Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, Monday, August 25, 2008


Outside My Window...some guy is test driving his 4-wheeler round and round and round his back yard. Only a thin layer of wooden fencing separates his backyard from my backyard. Only half an acre and a thin wooden fence separate his backyard from my bedroom window. (vroom, vroom, vroom)

I am thinking...that even though I committed to blog this meme in the daytime, I now realize why I only blog at night. I'm thinking that I really don't have time to be here. Moving on...

I am thankful for...my handsome husband who leads our family well. I simply adore him!

From the kitchen...children are cleaning up their lunch mess. And for tonight, I'm making Asain salad. One bag of salad, one can of mandarin oranges (drained), one can of chow mien noodles, breaded chicken chunks (homemade or frozen) and catalina dressing. Crowd pleaser, for sure!

I am wearing...gray shorts and a pro-life tshirt.

I am creating... a schedule for children's choir, and Bible studies for a retreat in the Fall.

I am going...up and down the hallway between typing. Mari's down for her nap, two misbehaving children are out running laps, but somehow the other two still need me to answer questions and help them with stuff. So I've got to hurry and finish so I can offer them my undivided attention. I'm also going to include this simple woman link.

I am reading...lots of scripture! It's refreshing to come back to the Truth after reading & hearing human thoughts & opinions. Oh, and on my last trip down the hall, my 10 year old announced that he could type without looking. "I just looked at the keyboard for like five minutes, and now I can type anything I want without looking - even capital letters!" I read his letter he had typed. Not bad, Mr. Photographic memory.

I am hoping...that we get to go swimming a few more times before it begins to cool off. Mari came in this morning asking, "poo? zhump poo?" Yes, honey, I wish to jump in the pool, too!

I am hearing...the sweet muffled words of an emerging reader down the hall. From the patio, I can hear the quiet, calm conversation of two out-of-breath runners who are resting for a moment in sibling restoration.

Around the house...laundry waiting patiently to be put away, children waiting impatiently to finish lessons, and a mom who is learning to wait upon the Lord.

One of my favorite things...the fresh flowers that greet each of my trips through the living room. They are from a friend. The beauty of both the friend and the flowers bring me great joy.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Last meeting of Summer Bible Study, Choir Rehearsal, Mari's 2-year check-up, baseball and a family getaway to Dub-Town to see the "buds".

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



My girls created this in Microsoft Paint for their beloved uncle.