Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sweet Thoughts

I know my mom spends a lot of time each year picking out just the right birthday card for me. This year's greeting was so sweet, I wanted to share it here.

My heart overflows with thankfulness to God for you, my daughter.

As happy as I was the moment you arrived, and as [pleased] as I am of you for all that you've become, I have even greater joy in knowing the assurance of your faith in Christ.

Not only are you a beautiful reflection of God's love, but you are my daughter - my crown of rejoicing, and a delightful proof that God answers prayers.

Happy Birthday
Love, Mother


One thing I've known forever is that my mom has always prayed for me and continues to pray for me. She is consistently lifting her concerns for me to the Lord. However, I don't think I've contemplated the notion that my mom might have prayed FOR me. Like, "Lord, please give me a daughter..." What a beautiful thought.

Thanks, Mom!


Dianne & Cari 1971

(Mom, You are beautiful, and no worries; I put it back in the scrapbook safe & sound)