Sunday, August 17, 2008

S'more

Family Day Rocks!

After our walk, we decided to go swimming. Our neighbors had granted us access to their "hidden oasis", so 7 Johnsons and 1 J-dub went swimming. We had a grand time! We raced each other across the pool. We had cannon ball contests, stick diving contests, and breath-holding contests. (Johnsons & dub's might be just the tiniest bit competitive) I played it cool (literally) for a while, but could stand it no longer. I sat on the steps took down my hair clip, pulled off the mascara from my lashes with pool water, then smeared the last of it off with a towel. Then it was on! I proved myself in the 5 meter freestyle and played all time defense in the stick dive. Landen and I perfected the duo cannon ball, and Mari and I cuddled and "chilled" on the steps. (It only got up to high 80's today) Silly, silly, swimmers.

Then, as though the Holy Spirit spoke to Philip and I in the shallow end simultaneously, we looked at one another and whispered, "Domino's?" Not the game tiles, the dinner delivery! Ashlin wanted to eat by candle light, so we dried off, and walked home. I made a veggie platter to offset the pizza, and Ashli gathered all our candles from the last power outage. The dining room was warm with the glow of the gathering. We sat together at the table for the second time in one day! I said, "This is a lovely meal." Ashli agreed, "Yep, 'cause I thinked of it!"

Broiler s'mores, a little more Olympics, and one more little blog concludes this evening.

Thank You, God, for family day! Thank You for lavishing Your love on us and calling us Your children.