Monday, August 18, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, Monday, August 18, 2008


Outside My Window...darkness and rain. And a patio that needs sweeping.

I am thinking...that I'm tired of thinking because it's late and I've been thinking all day, it seems.

I am thankful for...my friends who are wonderfully helpful and supportive and fun. OOH! And for my fabulous brother who bought a plane ticket for my fabulous sister-in-law to come visit me. A purchase made merely moments after he read of her wishes on a blog comment. Moral of the story: There's power in blog comments, people. No, I mean: A kind brother is a rare treasure (and a kind comment written in bloggerville can prove advantageous for all).

From the kitchen...nothing but quiet tidiness. Praise the Lord!

I am wearing...black shorts, red t-shirt, ponytail & glasses.

I am creating...I WAS creating a design for kids'choir t-shirts, but after two hours of concentrated effort, a computer glitch caused me to lose the whole thing. I was finished, too. I just hadn't saved a draft. Not smart. Not happy.

I am going...to Bible Study in the morning. I've missed the past two weeks, so I'm missing the gals. I have plans to dine with some fellow homeschooling moms tomorrow evening, so it's definitely going to be a "hair & make-up" day! I'm also going to include this link from last week. I probably did that wrong...Rebecca, chime in, anytime, sistah!

I am reading...nothing new. Haven't finished "Divine Embrace", but still being blessed every time I open it. I have been reading my children's writings all day, if that counts???

I am hoping...that a miracle of sorts might happen on my computer and I might wake up in the morning to find my beautiful t-shirt design has mysteriously been saved into my documents. Stranger, less helpful, things have happened...

I am hearing...the Olympics being televised in the living room, the air conditioner running, and the sweet, sacred silence of children sleeping in peace.

Around the house...there is laundry waiting patiently to be put away. Next week, I should try to write one of these Simple Woman dealies in the daytime. I'll bet it would prove more interesting.

One of my favorite things...is the pair of rosebud printed, size 2T cotton training panties that Mari Alice was wearing after her bath. So adorable and soft. Symbolizing such accomplishment and securing hope for a dry, hassle-free future!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Bible Study & dinner tomorrow, Choir Rehearsal on Wednesday, then Thursday is my birthday, Friday night we're having friends over for supper, and Saturday is Mari's birthday. School lessons, baseball, and plenty of dress-up will likely fill in the gaps.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
My buddy, Kathy, is the queen of greeting cards. She sent this one to me today. I laughed out loud. I'm still laughing, hours later. (word to my "hubby's buddy-- buddy's hubby", Lee: I got mail from Kathy... and you probably didn't...neener, neener, neener!)