Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mercies

"They are new every morning...new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord, great is Thy faithfulness!"

I went to a ladies' Bible Study class during Sunday School and was so blessed. The teacher used an analogy for my struggle to progress that is so much better than anything I could come up with. She said that sometimes we shift into "neutral" in our lives, thinking, "I'll just hang out here for a while, let the dust settle, bide my time until the next big thing...". She continued to explain that those thoughts might not be so bad if we were on level ground. She said that the Christian walk is on an incline. Therefore, if you're in neutral, you're actually slipping backward.

That's what I've been trying to say!!!

Corporate worship is good for the soul. I NEEDED to worship standing near my husband. We were together - in the Presence of our Loving, Patient Father. We were focused on God and His Love. It was good.

The devil apparently thought it was good, too. By the time we were in the car, we were already struggling to be "of one accord". Soon after we arrived home, I went to the kitchen sink to start lunch and it smelled like death. Before church, Philip had found a tupperware dealie from Wednesday's lunch in his truck and tossed it in the sink. I was gagging. I rinsed it out, but it was BAD. I asked him to please wash it out so the smell would not ruin our lunch. From there it was a devilish blur. I might have actually called my husband an ass on the Lord's Day. Mercifully, God's love [to which we are wholeheartedly devoted] prevailed. By lunchtime, we were good. Smiling, giggling, good.

The whole family lingered at the table for SkipBo and Folger's Creme Brulee'. Now we're headed outside to drive some golf balls and take a stroll. Plus on Family Day!

Thank You, God, for hearing my prayer. Thank You for never sleeping and always listening. I trust You to keep molding me and making me into who you intend for me to be. Thank You for my family. Draw us closer to You and give us a hunger for Your Word. Thank You for Your AMAZING faithfulness. I love You!