Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, Monday, August 11, 2008


Outside My Window...is the dark, calm of nightfall: crickets, tree frogs, and fireflies.

I am thinking...I'll just type the answers to these neat-o questions and then later, I'll figure out how to do all the linky mess. Despite my newbie nerves, I'm excited about joining in the fun. (Did you see that link? I did it, people!)

I am thankful for...my wonderfully strong, handsome husband who loves me well.

From the kitchen...the fading, fragrant hint of beefy noodles hiding behind the blessed aroma of creme brule'.

I am wearing...brown shorts, orange v-neck, nothing on my tired feet, but cool, stylish glasses on my slightly tired eyes.

I am creating...a design for kids'choir t-shirts.

I am going...to bed too late AGAIN!

I am reading...Mrs. Peggy's instructions on linking over and over and over again! I CAN do this. Other than that, I've just started Ken Gire's "Divine Embrace" while finishing up Linda Dillow's "Calm My Anxious Heart"...which I may need to re-read after I tackle the previously mentioned techno-marvy wonderment.

I am hoping...that my husband -who just got called to work - returns home safely in time to get sufficient rest for tomorrow's workday.

I am hearing...the fan of my computer tower, and that's about it. I'll soon be hearing freshly downloaded mp3 files on my freshly purchased Zune. Happy Birthday to me! (Thanks, Phil)

Around the house...the main rooms are tidy, the children are sleeping, Philip is not at all "around the house" which will undoubtedly extend my computer time this evening. Since his movie with Philip got cut short by the phone call, James is waiting for me to finish blogging so he can coach me through my first Zune experience.

One of my favorite things...is datenite! Philip and I had a super time this evening. We walked, talked, rode, and shopped.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: the children's lessons, a little swimming, the t-shirt design, more Ken Gire, and hopefully a chat with my sister-in-law in WA.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


All my little darlings!

PS: I was considering retro-posting this for monday (8/11) in concordance with the regulated guidelines, but my potentially helpful brother (who is concentrating more on being all up in my blogger biznass) offered that my credibility, if not my integrity may be tainted by such an alteration. Plus also it gets really confusing since datenite was tonight and not monday night.

PSS: Said brother would like to additionally express his disgruntlement with the apparently more-than-perfect post-dating of "Crazy Eight". Direct Quote: "Crazy Eight: Rigged!"

Welcome to bloggerville! (sorry for all the goofiness on my first SWD post)