Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Second Wind

I just got an email from my cousin wondering why I'm up so late commenting on blogs.
Several reasons, really:

#1 The Sonic coffee I consumed around dinnertime.
#2 James has been in here discussing Greek New Testaments debating life's greater issues.
#3 Philip is working late trying to get his occupational ducks in a row so he can leave for the Gulf to restore power after the hurricane hits. (I do NOT settle down well without him here...which may pose quite a problem over the next several days/weeks)
#4 I'm mildly anxious over the parenthetical ending to #3.
#5 I'm addicted to bloggerdom! (and on dial-up...it can be a slow, agonizing addiction... pathetic, really)

After Bible Study, I remained "at large" into the evening. I studied at the library, shopped a couple of my favorite spots (the ones without buggies), then concluded the day with a trip to W*lM*rt. Yip-stinkin'-ee!

Plus on Jdub who made all that possible. I called a couple times to check on things. Luke answered my first call. He wanted to know when I'd be home, because they were already making post-supper plans for movie-night. Later, Landen answered with a mouth full of "smoothie". Uncle James was hookin' some folks up!

Thank You, Lord, for our study this morning. I pray that You'll give us each a hunger for more of Your word...that we might "taste and see that the Lord is good"! Thanks for spending the afternoon with me. Teach me more! Hold Philip in Your safe arms and strengthen him for the work You've called him to. Let him shine for You. Bless our visit with Mom. I want to live deliberately and love deeply. Help me. I love you.