Monday, July 21, 2008

Runnin' on Empty

With all these sappy birthday trips down memory lane, I'm sort of sad. I miss my brothers. I miss their wives. I miss their kids. Wahhh!

I'm better now. We have Bible Study tomorrow morning. The lesson is on life's focus and calling. Those chicks better open up and share...'cause I got nothin'. I know all the "right" answers, like: I desire to serve the Lord by loving my husband well and I want to invest in my children and instill within them a love for blah blah blah. My focus, honestly, is usually keeping the house's level of tidiness somewhere this side of Hades. I do feel mildly "fulfilled" when I give of myself to people or church or whatever. I have some things I "wish I could do" and I have several things that I'm scared to try.

I need to go pray. I'm tired. I'm NOT focused. I need to go pray.

On a lighter, more positive note: My favorite thing from today was listening to all five kids giggle while watching home videos. They were thoroughly enjoying themselves (on several levels). Good stuff. Very good stuff.

Lord, help me have Your perspective for my life. I love You.