Sunday, July 06, 2008

Late Show

My husband just walked in from his impromptu trip to the movie store with James.

"Always thinking of you, Babe", he proclaims as he presents the video case proudly. "Isn't this the dude you like?"

"Um, no."

Beyond the leading man's profile, I skim the cover for clues to what would have led my darling to select this movie "just for me". No Gweneth or Reese or Drew or even Denzell or Anthony. No romance; no comedy. Ahh, this must be it... The subtitle: "Dungeon Siege".

Yep, I'm a sucker for a dungeon siege. Doesn't that cinematic genre scream: "Cari would LOVE this!"?

The whole time I've been typing, James has been over my shoulder being completely goofy. When I popped him with a backhand to the chest, he whined, "I'm just tryin' to make the blog, too." Now that they've starred in their own post, I have shunned the menfolk to the living room to view their rental. I know, it's shocking that I'm not joining them.

I'm sorry, but I have to post this and then scroll down and read "Why I Dig My Man" so that this little incident doesn't spoil my evening. After that I'm gonna shower and hit the hay. We had a little rooster named Randy visiting all week, and tomorrow, he'll be rising with the sunshine that gleams off the Gulf. (tiny, selfish 'yay') Tomorrow morning, I might get to skip the sixes altogether. (I miss him and Abby already...super kids, Jess!)

Thank You, Lord, for family days. Thank You for Cara Grace. Thank You for watching over children as they sleep. Help us grow and honor You in ALL our ways today. Thank You for Your mercies. Thank You for all the privileges and opportunities with which You bless me. I am joyfully grateful. Thank You.