Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Glug, Glug, Giggle

It has been a big, fat rainy day. The kids and I allowed the dismal atmosphere to beckon us into a new season of read-alouds and journaling. I made 7-layer dip for lunch...just 'cause, and now I must figure out what we'll eat for dinner. Seven more layers, anyone?

Mari learned to say "me" over the weekend. Last night in her room an attempt to expand her use of pronouns resulted in our own rendition of "Who's on First?"

Mom, pointing to self: "Say, 'me', Mari!"
Mari, pointing to self: "Me!"
Mom, pointing to Mari: "Say, 'you', Mari."
Mari, pointing to self: "Me!"
Mom, vigorously pointing to Mari: "No, Mari, say the word 'YOU'."
Mari, vigorously pointing to self: "ME!"
Mom, trying a different approach, pointing out and then to self: "Mari, say 'you' to me."
Mari, feeling dummied down: "Momma!"
Mom, pointing to Mari: "Right! Now, you say 'You'!"
Mari, pointing to self: "ME!"
All: giggle, sigh, chuckle, hug