Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Day

My morning was called to order with an urgently whispered plea: "Mom-- we have breakfast ready, do you want to come?" I groggily requested two more minutes. I drifted back to sleep. "Mom-- your two minutes turned into twenty, so do you want coffee or what? Oops! Sorry, Mom...I know it's Mother's Day, but....would you like to keep sleeping?"

Why, yes, I WOULD like to keep sleeping. Are you kidding? Pour the coffee! Here I come. Philip got up with Mari and I had nothing pressing on the calendar until Sunday School at 9:45.....except for BREAKFAST. It was wonderful! Waffles, toast, scrambled eggs, juice, coffee, and togetherness.

Here is the poem Landen presented orally at our gathering:

I love you mom because you are so sweet.
And what I love is to hear your little tweet.
But mom you are so grand.
And what I like is before the Lord you stand.
God loves you and you love him.
So you sing a very lovely hymn.
Jesus is almighty, holy, and kind.
But when you lie to Him it gets you in a bind.
Oh, do you know how you like to copy? Read: "Blog"
Well Happy Mother's Day Mommy.

Ardyn gave me a hand-drawn picture. My favorite thing about her artwork is that I always appear so slender. She excused herself and returned shortly with a dollar bill and some pennies. She said it was all her money, and that I should buy something really special for myself with it. (She learned that from her daddy)

Last night, Luke handed me an envelope embellished with drawings of glasses of ice water, bottles of lotion, and feet. In fine cursive ink were the words:

Dear Mom, you are invited to a foot mousning (sp: massaging) Mother's Day party. I hope you can come. PS. It's in your room.

Philip arranged for Domino's pizza to be delivered almost immediately upon our return from church. (I had requested that we steer clear of the over-crowded restaurants today...I can barely handle the usual Sunday lunch crowds... everybody and their kid sister would be takin' "mom" out today!) After lunch, Ashli asked if she could rest with me. Mari was napping so Ash and I climbed up in my bed for a Mother's Day nap. She excitedly offered, "Hey! We could NOT take and nap and just read and hug!" Plus on that! Mari was apparently in on it....she woke up before we finished the second library book.

We put on our "play clothes" and joined the others who were outside having a Mother's Day car wash and a Mother's Day picnic table refinishing party....which promptly morphed into Mother's Day sprinkler party. James showcased his new found pressure-washing skills to prep the picnic table. After a sun bath, it was ready for sanding. Philip put the "Israel Kamakawiwo ole" CD in his Blazer so we could all enjoy some Mother's Day tunes. He mowed and edged the lawn then took the older kids to church softball practice. I had the little girls in bed by 8, called my mom, and have finished my fine day here in Bloggerville, USA.

Thank You, God for Mother's Day. Thank You for my mom. She has loved me longer than anyone on earth....an that's not an easy task at times. Thank You for Gramma Iona, and Gramma Billie, for Mary Alice and each of their moms. Thank You for Becki, Gramma Ray, Gramma Johnson, and each of their moms. Thank You for my aunts and great aunts who have encouraged me along the way. I am blessed with cousins, friends, and sisters-in-law who love me and build me up. Thank You for being strong when we are weak, and promising to give us wisdom when we ask for it. We do not doubt Your love!