Friday, May 25, 2007

Bogged Down

Man, am I glad to see this week come to an end! It wasn't horrible. No tragedies. No drama. But not great, either. I've been very pensive...contemplative...trying to figure things out. Nothing specific...just wondering as I'm wandering. My thoughts are always crowded this time every year. Crowded: like I completely forgot my dear friend's birthday. It has fallen between Mother's day and Philip's birthday every May since I met her 7 years ago...and I mean REALLY FALLEN since I can't pull my brain together for two consecutive moments to make it remotely special for her. I'm a dork. Philip will turn thirty-something-else on Monday. Luckily, there's no gift to buy. He seems to have everything he wants, not so much from contentment, but more from a sort of self-provisional lifestyle. His day was my dad's birthday, too, so when Phil is fishing, I'll spend the day missing my dad. Also, it's time to start our new school year, and amidst the excitement, there is a very real sense of overwhelming responsibility. SO, perhaps after this post, I can leave most of these thoughts here in this week...enjoy tomorrow, and start fresh on this Lord's Day!

Thank You, Lord, for friends who forgive. Thank You for a very handsome, low-maintenance husband. Thank You for my dad and all the love he shared with me. Please stay VERY near the Johnson "Academy" this year. We want to honor You in all we do and say. Allow me to rest in Your peace and renew me with Your strength. I cast all my cares upon You for great is Your Faithfulness! When nothing else could help Your love lifted me...