Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Morning Worship

I was on time to Sunday School today. Thank you, very much. (Make-up in transit, but that still counts) Between class and choir, I stepped into the "little girls' room" to check the make-up that had been applied at 70 miles and hour. A lady came in to empty the coffee from her class. She asked how I was feeling. I told her "great!" She asked a couple more sweetly sensitive questions, and next thing you know, we're both crying and hugging. Yes, I was hugging a lady....in a bathroom.... while crying. I can't explain it. I'm not sure how it all happened. We kept talking and missed the entire worship service. (I'm an inadvertent choir-ditcher) Everyone knows that given the opportunity to choose a bathroom activity, I would have gladly chosen cleaning the toilet over of hugging and crying. But I'm growing. The Lord knew I needed some encouragement. I guess He figured if my pride/insecurity concerning cosmetics could lead me into the bathroom, He would just meet me there. Well, I repent of my shallow pre-occupation with powder-to-lip-gloss ratio, and I thank, You, Dear Father, for sisters who build others up in Your beauty and grace.