Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Three Happy Things, No Five

I went to WalMart this afternoon and discovered 3 new favorite things.

#1 PicSweet frozen mexican seasoning blend. It has blackbeans, corn, red peppers, etc. I put it in a skillet with 3 frozen, skinless, boneless chicken breasts and a little EVOO (shout out to Rachel Ray). Several minutes later, I chopped up the chicken and spooned the mixture onto corn tortillas with shredded cheese (that were waiting on the griddle). Tasted awesome! So simple.

#2 On the cracker aisle, which is always a tough one when I'm dodging partially hydrogenated oils: Annie's Cheddar Bunnies. They are just like goldfish, but better for ya! The kids said they were great.

#3 Continuing to avoid the oils that are one molecule off from being Tupperware.....Skippy has a natural peanut butter that you don't have to stir. It still has sugar and salt added, but no nasty fat.

Oh, and Big Lots had Easter stuff 90% off. I brought home each child a little something...and spent a total of $.88! They were thrilled. When Philip saw all the loot, he asked, "What did Daddy get?" To quote my favorite cell phone commercial, I replied, "Daddy got hosed!"

I'm off to spend some QT with the hubbie.
Joyfully---