Monday, February 27, 2023

Typos & Terrain

When my friend texted, instead of "trial", she accidentally typed "trail". 

As I ponder it, I gratefully sense an invitation from the Lord to shift my perspective and view a “trial” as a rough and rutted “trail” toward more of His [good and wise] plan for me. 

Instead of feeling stuck in this stationary [momentary] hardship, this renewed outlook postures me for progress and patience and [eternal] peace. 

Yet those who wait for the Lord

Will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary. 

Isaiah 40:31

Lord, we praise You for Your wisdom and kindness. Thank you for promising never to leave us. 

Help us as we walk with You up these paths You're working to make straight. Equip us to offer truth and grace to those who walk beside us. 

Together, we pray for faith enough to surrender, and patience enough to keep in step and see Your Kingdom come.