Monday, March 28, 2022

Worth of Art


This is in the entry way of my best friend's home. It makes me want to cry.😭

First, out of sheer embarrassment. Twenty-something years ago, she earned her masters degree in forestry and I had no money for a gift. This is a $1 plate holder, a $1 glass plate, a $1 sample of fabric, and some Mod Podge left over from a church craft retreat. Oh, and gold paint to "gild" the edges. From the same retreat. 🙄

It is one thing for her to graciously receive this during a celebration where surely hundreds if not thousands of dollars were offered. 😬

But she kept it. 😊
She continues to give it a place of honor. And that level of unmerited favor just makes me wanna bawl. 😔

Last time I was at her house, I snapped a picture because (#1. It made me roll my eyes and giggle) but also, I wanted to remind myself of this beauty. 📷

Not the plate [not at all oh my gracious!] But the placement. Not the love I was trying to communicate, but the love she CONTINUES to pour out by treating my dollar store craft as if it were a valuable work of art worthy of sharing with as many people as possible. 🏆

There's something divine here . . . 💛