Monday, March 22, 2021

Rest Assured

Here are some of the texts from friends I'm praying with and for.
* he was admitted to hospital
* i got the job!
* he is responding to medicines! 
* our marriage is healing
* i didn't get the job.
* hospice has called the family in

As my inbox and my thoughts are forced to hold all sorts of sorrow and gladness crammed in the same space, my heart clings to hope. Not hope in an outcome, but hope in the One who comes near when we call out for Him. 

God is so good and kind, and He loves us. But He moves in mysterious ways.

I believe He is working to heal and provide, regardless of what we can see, because that is who He is. He faithfully walks with us as we walk by faith in Him.

I text one person "Praise the Lord! He is able!" because things are looking up. And within minutes, I text another person, "We can trust Him! He is able." because from this pit of heartache, all we can do is look up.

We pray for answers, but rest assured, communing moment by moment with our mighty and merciful God IS the answer. 
It is our only hope.

"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength." 
Habakkuk 3:18

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you . . . and the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 
1 Peter 5:7,10

Rest assured. 🙏