Sunday, March 21, 2021

Dear Teachers in 2020-2021

Dear teachers,

My kids are sprinkled around from elementary into college, so I'm talking to all of you.
You must be so tired.
Decision fatigue and going with the flow. All that rolling with all those punches.
The technical difficulties and germ warfare and doing more - doing more kinds of more than ever before.
I just can't.
But you can. And you do.
You keep showing up and giving it a go.
And my kids are good and well because of you!
Are you behind on content and syllabus timelines? I have no idea. Are you leaving stuff out and skipping to main ideas and taking breaks to breathe? I hope so!
Your ability to model grace (for yourself and others) and flexibility while you exhibit top-notch problem-solving skills and resilient enjoyment ... THIS is what my kids will have learned from you this year.
You are educating them with brilliance and grit. Shining bright and hanging tough.
Thank you. We can brush up on the spelling and algebra and speech and psychology another time. I promise. You are planting seeds of selflessness, determination, and knowledge. You are offering them a front-row seat to the thrill of remaining a life-long learner. You are the star of the show!
This is me cheering my guts out for you, clapping hysterically for the greatness I see in you. Bravo! Thank you.