Wednesday, August 06, 2014

LommoY: Day 6 Check-in

Last week, we were excited to begin THIS THING.

So, the honey moon is over now.


Polly Anna has left the building.

Day 5 was a bust.
These were my first conscious thoughts yesterday morning:

"Wow ... that was a good dream. What was it about exactly? I can't quiiiiiite remember ...
it was wonderfullll ... oh yes ... I believe I fell madly in love ... with an oatmeal cream pie."

Pathetic.

And that would most accurately describe the rest of yesterday. I squandered every opportunity to exercise. And, when it came to reading Scripture, I found new and ridiculous ways to procrastinate with disturbing diligence.

Over the first five days, the family had collectively consumed every apple we owned. I asked the teenagers to grab some on their way home. They did not. I asked my handsome guy if he could hook us up with some fruit on his way home. He delivered with signature excessiveness: 3 bags of apples and half a tree of bananas.

Late last night as the fellas and I sat around the living room ...

Unnamed fella in a pitiful whine: "I really want something sweet." 
Dad: "Go get an apple."
Mournful Boys: "We don't have any."
Dad: "Yeah we do."
LP with guilt and sadness: "No, I forgot to get some."
(Luke shifts to lounge silently in despair.)
Dad: "I brought some home. They're on the --"

**POOF! SCRAM-ShaZamm!!**

Never have I seen two children driven so abruptly by an apparent love for fiber and pectin.

Thank You, God, for perspective and the chance to get in tune with our desires. You give good gifts! Thank You for forgiving us when we fail. And thank You for new mercies this morning. I loved our pre-breakfast walk together. Less of me - more of You. Let's do this thang!"