Saturday, July 13, 2013

Extra! Extra!

If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked ...

"Are y'all going to have more children?"

My enthusiastic and definitive response has often been:

"Well, I won't be birthing any more, but if God wants to bring more into our home, I'm happy to raise them!"

And now ... the time has come.

In January of this year, Philip's sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, but she is unable to raise him. After months of processing - emotionally, legally, and prayerfully - he has been placed with us in a foster-to-adopt relationship.

We are expecting baby Asa to join us the first week of August. He will be six months old and we are VERY excited.

I want to write more about this special journey, but I have a couple things to do around here...
I can't wait to share more of this precious child and the marvelous way God is writing us into his story.

Thank you for praying for us when you think of us. We KNOW God is all over this, so we wait in hopeful expectancy.

 "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,  to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21