Thursday, January 10, 2013

Joy Dare 1.10.13

3 Gifts Heard...
60,000 young adults lifting praise at Passion 2013
Philip patiently explaining fraction reduction to the 4th grader
the voice of a sister-friend for more than an hour on a long-needed phone chat

A Gift Outside, Inside, On a Plate...
batting cage
the settling of Catan
Ardyn's famous fried eggs

3 Graces You Overheard...
"Isn't she a sweet child?"
"This is the best."
and from the wee one in the backseat: "Dear God, please help my brother not to say bad words."

A Gift Old, New, Blue...
the rocking chair I was rocked in 40 years ago ... still lulling late evenings away
the ring my daughter chose for me
the toddler swing is a dot of primary color in the backyard expanse of browns and greens

Something You're Reading, Making, Seeing...
the Father Brown Mysteries
a Piano Lesson flier for my mom
the floor of my bedroom ... finally, after a long holiday overflow

One Thing In Your Bag, Your Fridge, Your Heart...
chapstick
clementines
countless choruses

3 Graces from People You Love...
cheek-kiss "good-bye" from Kathy
sweet, humble words from Mom
laughter and giggles from Celina

Dusky Light, Surprising Reflection, Dusty Shadow...
friends circling a fire pit at the lake shore
seeing a grown person's baby pictures and realizing not much as changed
the forsaken corner of the stairwell

A Gift Held, Passed By, Sat With...
cup of crushed ice brought home by the firstborn
another job opportunity - our roots grow deeper
my man and his pizza

A Gift Sour, Sweet, Just Right...
my attitude when the phone woke me up (opportunity to receive grace first thing)
"black and white" chocolate drizzled kettle corn
Ardyn saying, "Do you need a hug? I need a hug."