Thursday, June 28, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Thursday, June 28, 2012...

Outside my window...
Crickets and frogs chirp in the humid darkness, cleverly hiding in a clean cut yard.

I am remembering...
White Water in the 80's. White-nosed lifeguards, locker keys on coiled bracelets, and the same 10 songs played over and over and over. Dear Men At Work, you have scarred me for life. "Last night I had the strangest dream, I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find you, And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned. Didn't want no one to hold you, what does that mean? You said -" (sing it with me, now!) "Ain't nothing gonna breaka my stride, ain't nothing gonna hold me down. oh no, I've got to keep on movin!"

I am thankful for...
Philip. Earlier this week, after he had saved the day, yet again, I told someone, "100 years ago -even if he weren't my husband- I'd have wanted him in my village ... he's just really great to have around!"

I am creating...

a spreadsheet for caMP3. Sixty students, twenty staff, three hours on five days, seven worship art electives, and one giant musical to present by the end of that week!

I am going...
to take the kids swimming tomorrow. If only to silence the incessant requests.

I am reading...
"Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young EVERY morning. And I just finished my friend's first novel entitled, "Rose Hill". Pasages from the Bible and the Harriet Beecher Stowe book I started in May. PS. I love my kindle.

I am hoping...
to finish cleaning the house. I got such a great start Tuesday, but never really finished.

On my mind...
orphans and widows. I'm not sure why I complain so often about my full house. My heart hurts for the lonely ... those who eat and sleep alone, those who hunger to rest with family. Lord, make me generous with the riches you've given me in this season of my life.

From the learning rooms...
I had a very productive afternoon in which I ordered curriculum for all the girls - except Giz ... she gets to hang out another year or two. We should be able to start lessons August 1. yay!

Noticing that...
my glasses need to be replaced. Frames are frail and prescription is failing.

Pondering these words...
"There was a time when I wouldn't admit what a sinner I was.  But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration. All day and all night your hand was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally admitted all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them.  I said to myself, "I will confess them to the Lord.' And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone." Psalm 32:3-5


From the kitchen...
Chicken enchiladas and Ashlin's homemade zuccini bread. Yee-haw:)

Around the house...
The two smallest beauties are slumbering sweetly. Landen is at ETBU finishing up a week of camp.
The remainder of my darlings are at the neighbor's watching the Rangers. So, I blog:)
One of my favorite things...
crushed ice. Don't judge me - or nag me about my iron deficiency. It's better than munching on chips.

From my picture album...
Mari Alice and Heidi having colorful fun in the sun! June 15, 2012


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.