Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Wednesday, March 7, 2012...

Outside my window...
White flowery onion sprouts have burst out in patches.  Strong winds bring tree limbs to life - dancing and swaying to sunshine's song.

I am remembering...
When the boys played tee-ball.  Size 4 gray baseball pants - I dare you to think of something cuter!

I am thankful for...
Friends who invite my kids over.  One or two being away for a while shifts our dynamics in a delightfully intriguing way.

I am creating...




Not a lot.  Our children's musical was last Sunday evening...a lot of creativity poured into that project.  Another edition of BRANCHES, the women's ministry newsletter, was created, edited, and published last week too.  It's becoming clear why the creative juices are dripping dry this week.


I am going...
to the library, to the bank, to get the boys and later, to church.

I am reading...
Just finished "Robinson Crusoe" this week, and wanted to re-read "Radical" but I could not find it in my shelves last night.  I have a vague recollection of offering it to one of the boys to read.  A long time ago.  I opened the door to their room....and I think it would be far easier to simply order a new copy on Amazon.

I am hoping...
to see the hand of God.  And if I cannot, I hope for patience and wisdom.  And if these escape me, I hope for faith....to trust God even when things are unclear.

On my mind...
school, children, relationships, finances, free-time....and how God has it on His mind too.

From the learning rooms...
Fellas are at large.  By way of progress reports, Landen seems to thrive, while Luke is stirring his share of strife.  I am learning that no matter where or with whom your children are educated, the amount of prayer needed remains the same.  Where I formerly prayed for my own patience and their character, I must now pray for grace and others' patience, and wholeheartedly for the boys' character.

Noticing that...
I can waste an unbelievable amount of time at the computer.  I stopped all my Words with Friends games in January, assuming that was my biggest time vacuum.  Apparently not.  It's just so easy to get "lost".  Facebook, Pinterest, Blogs, Emails.  Lord, help me be wise.

Pondering these words...
"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord." - Lamentations 3:40
"Happy are the pure in heart." - Matthew 5:8


From the kitchen...
Leftover 13 Bean Venison Chili with Cabbage & Onions on the side.  Cinnamon swirl raisin bread.  Fresh raw milk from the dairy.  Creme Brulee coffee with the last hunk of Walnut Banana Bread. 

Around the house...
The girls worked on lessons while Elizabeth and I tackled some chores.  Now there seems to be an exciting game of "mother" happening in one of the bedrooms.

One of my favorite things...
is when Philip is playful.  He's not typically sarcastic or silly.  But upon occasion, he can surprise me with his cuteness.  This morning was one such occasion:)

From my picture album...



To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.