Monday, March 19, 2012

Joy Dare 3.19.12







Giving thanks to God in community for His gifts ...

Re-reading Radical.
Re-reading The Importance of Being Earnest.
Re-reading the hand written note from my Gramma.

Philip's safety in the storms.
The pond I imagine my grand kids fishing in.
New socks.  Just for me.



Baseballs.
Softballs.
Cheerios for the spectators.

Sleeping children - sprawled limbs, deep breaths, peace.
Time to listen for God.
Rest.

Trust - it cannot be earned, it is simply a gift to be given.
A kiss goodbye.
A hug hello.

When hurt surprises, responding with a reflex of forgiveness.
When hurt is sadly customary, forgiving them again.
When hurt is my fault: courage for quick apologies and hope for similar grace.

I hold the book over my chest as I read in bed; each new page scrapes gently across my gown.
Little hands clasp together to "Thank Jesus for our lunch."
Towels on racks - ready for action.

Rangers jersey.
Toenail polish.
Netflix mailers.

Oatmeal bars.
Goat meat tacos.
Carrots and hummus.

BLJ: "Um ... Your hair doesn't usually look like that."
CDJ: "Um ... You don't usually see it before it is finished."

"Well, I didn't know if I could trust her because several times she has taken advantage of my innocence."
- the 16 year old son referring to a classmate offering a breath mint.

"I'm NOT too little to go fishing with you, Daddy.  I am big.  See?  My shirt is big.  I am big!"
- the curly headed 2 year old in a campaign for Sunday afternoon activities.