Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Loving Life with Liz

Yesterday morning as I was playing with her in her room, Elizabeth asked, "Where is JW?"  (uncle James)
I said, "He's in Longview."
She paused then smiled at that fun sounding word.
She tilted her head slightly and smirked, "Longv-Me? or Longv-You?"

***

Later, as I was busily stirring supper pots and peaking in the oven, Elizabeth stood and watched.
With beaming admiration, she encouraged, "Mom...you such a good maker!"

***

Last night, I was thinking about how much Elizabeth has grown in her brief two and a half years of life.  I found this picture. 



Look at that little muffin!!  Her fists are at her cheeks, swaddled away in the blanket corners so as not to scratch herself.  And there's my man...burning up the cell.

This photo speaks to me.

So often I feel helpless.  Suspended in mid air, unable to effect change, generally unsure of my surroundings.  And yet, my Heavenly Father "has me".  I'm wrapped - safe and secure; held in God's firm grip of grace.  And all the while, He is busy attending to His glory...doing His business...working His plan.  

Preoccupied? 
Before I took a breath, God was engaging His mind, employing His energies to take hold, and look after my well-being.  Completely engrossed in His efforts toward His glory and my eternal good.
Preoccupied.

"This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held."

"What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?"


Bless the Lord!