Monday, February 27, 2012

Joy Dare 2.27.12







Giving thanks to God in community for His gifts ...

sturdy over-sized plastic bags, filled with a new round of library books
my faithful washing machine and dutiful dryer
candied rectangles of mint gum...fresh and tasty

how simple it is to find gentleness and self-control when Philip is home
how God gave me rest even when I couldn't grab a nap
how you find what you look for...hurt, lies, problems...love, truth, peace

fresca from the fridge
a mixing bowl of batter
perfectly sharpened pencils

good morning hugs
creme brulee coffee
"Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

Philip's study Bible
milk from the dairy
flat irons that can curl and curling irons that can flatten hair just as well.

Mari Alice's struggle against expressing her emotions
a glimpse of my exaggerated eyes in the shiny gold piano lamp
God's goodness in His perfect timing

a sinkful of dishes from a hearty meal, basketfuls of laundry from a hefty agenda
my plain silver substitute wedding band ...worthless but for symbolized significance
knowing God sees it all...I can be overwhelmed and weary, but I am not invisible.