Monday, November 28, 2011

Multitude 11.28.11

Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife; for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

This passage gives me great hope. "But while he THOUGHT on these things..." Sometimes you just have to mull stuff over. When life doesn't go the way you assumed it might. When facts are confusing and gut-feelings can't be calmed. When you are in a period of "thinking on things", "BEHOLD"! Look out! Take Heart! God can show up.

And this is the message He speaks...

I know you.
I know your name.
I know where you come from.
Don't be afraid.
I know what's on your mind.
Do not be afraid.
I am working in this situation.
I'm in it and through it and over it:)

Then you step out in faith and watch the Truth unfold.



Giving thanks to God in community for His gifts ...

the chatter of children and dull roar of road noise as we journey toward togetherness
sliced turkey on wheat rolls in a big zipper bag --to be passed back at just the right time.
heads tilted against the window, mouths sprawled open, drool sneaking down the cheeks
good back seat sleep
five hours sitting near my man...updating, deliberating, dreaming big.

birthday celebrations
honest, healing hugs
cold night air
photos from the deer lease
cookie cake from the mall

the warmth and tidy comfort of my bedroom
the afghan Gramma Iona crafted
the extra large heating pad
the small pile of bedside books promising to lull me to sleep at just the right moment
the hidden basket of cough drops, tissue, and tums...solutions to problems within an arm's reach

opportunities to forebear and forgive and show grace...again and again
forgiveness for when I lose sight of the riches
knowing when to yield and when to stand strong
learning how to trust and obey
Truth as it unfolds


(#191-210)