Monday, August 22, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Monday, August 22, 2011...

Outside my window...
a bright sunshiny day filled with promise and possibility:)

I am remembering...
so many of those pivotal moments in life...where an interaction or a conversation changed my perspective...where a challenge or a failure strengthened my resolve...where a blessing or an achievement bolstered my confidence.

I am thankful for...
my weekend away.  Philip arranged for the "perfect getaway" and then facilitated 3 straight days of fun and frolic for the kids.  I returned to a happy family and a clean home.  I'm also thankful for Kathy.  She is simply the best.  She and Philip were equally committed to my overall comfort and good throughout the weekend.  I couldn't hope for more.

I am creating...

a new look in our bedroom.  The night we moved in, we hung flat sheets as curtains and proceeded to keep our room's decor at the bottom of the priority list for 5 years.  My mom gave me a new comforter and Philip is going to build a new night stand.  I'm in charge of layout and paint.

I am going...
to pick up the boys from school in a bit.  (Haven't used that sentence in 10 years.)  They are attending Texas Early College High School this year.  I pray for good friends, passionate teachers, clarity of thought, strength of character, and plenty of opportunities to shine.

I am reading...
Galatians and summer magazines.

I am hoping...
cooler weather comes soon.

On my mind...
Yesterday I turned 40.  My firstborn is registered for a class at TSTC, my baby is in big girl panties, and all the many many phases of development that are represented by the middle kids.

From the learning rooms...
Ardyn is enjoying 5th grade SonLight readers.  Ashlin is rock solid in ABeka 3rd grade. Mari Alice is barrelling through Kindergarten.

Noticing that...
Purple toenails make me REALLY happy.

Pondering these words... 
"Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it."  Proverbs 22
From the kitchen...
Fresh brewed coffee on the counter, dirt stained baseball pants soaking in the sink, four cups of water available for "beverage breaks" this morning.  Basic approach toward upcoming meals could be described as total denial.

Around the house...
little girls are playing dress-up, big girls are working on lessons, and the really big girl is blogging.

One of my favorite things...
friends who will be honest and decisive. Where to go, what to do, how long to stay, which shower curtain to buy:)

From my picture album...


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.