Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Tuesday, July 27, 2010...

Outside my window...steam. Like the air hovering above a pot of boiling eggs...stifling, sulfuric steam. Anyone up for a walk around the block?? I didn't think so.

I am remembering...how often I've been rescued from my own foolishness - presumably by the fervent prayers of others. Mercy.

I am thankful for...my sweet, sweet husband. (I couldn't bear to delete that line from last time. He's simply the best.)

I am creating...a brand new publication for the women's ministry at church. God is gathering up a team of friendly helpers, and I can barely contain my excitement!

I am going...go pick up the boys later and stop by the consignment shop. On his way to work, Philip dropped them by a friends house to do some yard work. Dear Lord, help them work peaceably and diligently.

I am reading..."Boomtown Book 1" to the kids [they would like to go on record as being fairly miffed at my recent lack of consistency and follow-through] AND I'm also journeying through "So Long Insecurity" during welcomed spurts of solitude. I do not use the term 'journey' lightly. Pruning is painful. There is sheer joy beyond the pain, but the pain is undeniable.

I am hoping...God will work out all the comings and goings of our household over the next 10 days. He's the only one we can trust to tackle a job of this magnitude.

On my mind... MP3 children's choir. Women's Ministry. Philip. Fish Camp. Landen. Luke. Ardyn. Ashlin. Mari Alice. Elizabeth. even Oscar. aaaaand, we're back to MP3. Women in my life. Philip. Dinner. my bathroom counter. Ministry. practicing the piano. Fish Camp. Landen's team. Should I stop?

From the learning rooms...3 weeks until we fire it up "fer realzies". The year is planned. We own the curriculum. We'll just talk more about it after Mari & I have properly celebrated our late summer birthdays:)

Noticing that...God can be a funny guy. Somedays, He carries the "working in mysterious ways" thing to a comical level. I love Him to pieces...then have to trust He'll put it all back together. He shall:)


Pondering these words... "God uses change to change us. He doesn't use it to destroy us or to distract us but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny. How will we ever change if everything around us stays the same?" --Beth Moore

From the kitchen...breakfast on a "first-come-serve-yourself" basis:)

Around the house...girls are steadily rising from slumber with messy hair and grumbly tummies.

One of my favorite things...staying home. Yesterday was the first day all month I had the opportunity to stay home all day. I'm MUCH better now.

From my picture journal..."Miss SweetCheeks"


To participate or simply enjoy more daybooks, visit The Simple Woman.