Friday, July 30, 2010

Diamond in the Sky

Landen played Dixie league baseball here in Marshall last Spring. (A VERY long time ago, it seems:) He made the all-star team and began traveling with the team to tournaments. They ended up as Texas state champs...and we used the word "ended" in a very "fresh start-ish" way. He and Philip & Ardyn left Thursday morning at 5 for Virginia where the fun continues at the Dixie World Series.


Home Run Derby & Skills Contests will fill the day Friday followed by an honors banquet that evening. They are guaranteed games Saturday and Sunday and we'll see how it goes from there. Championship game is Wednesday night.



When we asked Landen what he needed from us as parents -thinking he would ask us to travel with him to cheer him on - he replied, "I just need you to pray for me. This will be a big chance for me to get out in the world, but I'll probably face temptation or challenges, and I just need you to pray for me."


I think LP is an all-star in ways far beyond the baseball diamond.

Thank You, God, for my precious young man. Hold him and keep him and make him more like you.

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus...Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life!" - Philippians 2:5,14-16